- Highland Creek is a planned community West of Concord Mills and I-85, east of Eastfield Road and north of Mallard Creek.
- NoDa, a former mill village previously called North Charlotte, is located along North Davidson Street.
- Northlake is located near the mall of the same name.
- University City is the portion of Charlotte in the extreme northeast around UNC Charlotte.
- Villa Heights, a former mill village, now combined with a portion of the former Plaza Hills neighborhood, is bordered by Parkwood Avenue, The Plaza, Matheson Avenue, and North Davidson Street.
- Wilson Heights is the area surrounding the intersection of Statesville Rd and Nevin Rd
- Belmont is a former mill village located east of Uptown, bordered by N. Davidson St., Parkwood Ave, 10th Ave, and Hawthorne St.
- College Downs is a John Crosland Co./Ryland developed subdivision of tract-built and customized homes located directly across from UNC Charlotte in the University City/Newell-South district, and bordered by Old Concord Rd., University City Blvd. (Hwy. 49), Suther Rd., and Harris Blvd.
- Eastfield/Prosperity is the area bordered by Eastfield Road, Brown Road and Prosperity Church Rd